So this is my last post about our annual grandkids vacation. At the end of that day, Jeri, Karl and Benjamin decided that they wanted to jump off the bridge. *shudder* however that didn’t stop me from taking a ton of pictures. I mean I’d want to document their death if it wasn’t deep enough, right? Right.
Here they are walking up the steps to go out the driveway to the road.
Walking to the middle of the bridge…
Hmmm, so what do you think? Deep enough? Middle enough?
Yes, they’re laughing at us. We’re scared and they’re laughing.
Ladies first….
Well, she made it, so it’s ok for the men to go now.
Is the coast clear? Yes! Let’s both go at the same time!!
Grandmom: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Benjamin says, “Don’t worry, I’m here to push him, not to go at the same time!”
So we made Benjamin go first…
OK, so both adults lived to tell the tale! So it’s now safe for the child to jump even though Grandmom had other ideas… He jumped anyway!
Wow, that was so much fun! We should do it again! OK! OK! So they did.
Benjamin was lagging a bit… He claims it was his contacts in his eyes, but secretly I think he was really scared but he couldn’t be outdone by a woman and a boy!
Jeri wants to know what’s on Benjamin’s chest and Karl was so excited! Look he says! It’s an airplane! You know, trying to distract Grandmom.
You can do it Uncle Ben! Jump!
After that, they swam towards the house. Auntie Jeri not to be outdone by the children had to touch the “butt” too!
Karl coming out. See Grandma? I made it out alive!
Lily wanted her dad to take her out in her “boat” Now she thinks we should buy her a real one. She wants a red one.
Erik jumped on the band wagon and wanted Jeri to play with him too.
I’m sure if I looked hard enough, I’d find a picture of Matthew doing this very same thing to my mother. He then squeezes so hard, it hurts to breathe. He also wanted to assure her he was in fact alive from jumping off the bridge.
They toweled off and we got ready for our nightly fire and s’mores!
Each night, Lily would sit next to her Auntie Jeri… for the chocolate of course! That’s all she wanted was to eat the chocolate.
She thought she’d play with a marshmallow too.
After that, Benjamin, Lily and I left. Grandmom and Auntie Jeri stayed with the rest of the children for another 2 days. Playing in the water, watching our cult movie Chicken Run and just lazing around.
No comments:
Post a Comment