So we did something a little different this year… We were invited over to Katy’s house. Who’s Katy? Well, she is Kathryn’s best friend. In fact, Katy’s full name is Katheryn. Kathryn goes over to Katy’s house a lot. I also happen to get along with Katy’s parents and her mother and I can talk for hours. Literally. So when they invited us, I said “sure.” It was a BBQ with fireworks later in the evening.
All we were to do was show up. I insisted on bringing something. So I brought this:
Those are dessert pizza's. I got the idea here.
They were really yummy and I plan on doing it again. I did the stars all by myself. No cookie cutter. I thought I did a pretty good job.
The food was really yummy. I had pig. They smoked the whole thing. I didn’t eat the whole thing… I also had some potato salad that was sweetened. My mother doesn’t sweeten her salad, so of course, I thought it was too sweet. It was still good. I had fresh fruit and popcorn.
Lily then found this:
Kathryn is following her up the slide because it was like 15 feet at the top. And, yes, Bridget, I am an over protective mother.
She played on this for about an hour.
Then we have Kathryn:
Who is part monkey.
And we wonder why she brakes all those bones. Yes, she has a severe vitamin D deficiency, but she also does things like this too.
You know, my oldest child wanted in on the fun too…
Lily then found a dog… and she loves her some dog.
Even if it’s fake. Katy has severe animal allergies.
Here are all the kids, getting ready to start the fireworks. For as many people that were there, it was surprising orderly.
I’m a bit hesitant to show this picture… My parent’s frown upon kids holding fireworks…
Um, yeah, this one too.
She was so excited. She was coming back from setting off some fireworks. She was bouncing up and down and was so giddy. Priceless.
After about 2 hours, the kids were done and then the big boys wanted to light off their fireworks. So the kids laid down to view the show.
I don’t know if y9ou noticed the picnic table in the earlier shots, but there are pieces of cinder block where they put the fireworks as they set them off. However, a couple of them fell sideways and came right at us. It was funny because no one got hurt, but one of her Japanese maple trees caught on fire. Whoops! The picnic table also caught on fire.
It was a very fun time. We’re glad we went.
Question of the day: Do you let your children (or yourself) hold fireworks? If so, why? If not, why not?
3 comments:
I cannot Believe Ben is wearing a CUBS cap. Never thought I'd see the day.
Not a big fan of holding fireworks. A, it's pricey. B, I'm a scaredy cat mom and can be very overprotective if I don't know a lot about something dangerous, like, say fireworks. Sounds like you guys had fun! And I love the dessert pizza's! They look delish!
Post a Comment